Blog #20: What is the What/ Heart of Darkness
=O I'm done!!! Well i think i have a semi solid grasp on what the What is after reading the novel, and with a little help from my amigos. The What is not a physical thing, but a thought. I think its the thought of being free. Like in the Adam and Eve of the Dinka people, they chose the cow, because they knew it would supply milk and food for them to flourish anywhere, when they didn't know what the What was. It's like a game show where they give u 10 thousand dollars, and offer you a mystery box that might be worth more or less. It's hard to say, but I think I'd be like the Dinka people and choose the for sure thing. The Dinka, just didn't realize they gave up 1 million dollars in that mystery box, hypothetically speaking. And this curse i believe was brought upon all the Dinka people. Even though Achak was freed, by moving to America, he couldn't escape the curse bestowed by the god. This whole book i think is a what, like in the last couple of lines, " 'How can I pretend that you don't exist? It would be almost as impossible as you pretending that I do not exist.' " He does not exist himself because he is a Fictional character, So he can possibly to be the What. I think i just confused myself. But at this moment when I wrote it it made sense.
The Heart of Darkness i will finish tomorrow I'm to tired to finish today, but it is really interesting how, Krutz is such a quiet man, yet controls alot. I want to know what its going to end like. I hope Marlow met him. From what the Russian said, he sounds like a respectable, powerful man. He is almost dieing though. From when Marlow saw him, he described him sickly skinny.
These Blogs helped me a lot so I can look back to them to refresh myself on everything. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home