Blog #3: 1984
Chapter 6-8
Winston is always in need of a woman to hold it seems. But the law doesn’t allow him to show any signs of affection. I wouldn’t like to be in his world at all. He thinks of his wife and how they got married to populate the Parties instead of affectionate sex. It kills Winston inside to not have a companion to show the same attractions. He used to call Catherine the “human soundtrack.” At first I didn’t understand what it meant but later in the book, music represents his desires and wants. He really liked her. Oh well I hope he finds someone better. He believes the “hope is in the proles.” I wonder why he thinks they are the only ones to fight back. They haven’t tried to rebel before, what makes u think they will later. They need a leader. Maybe O’Brien can be that leader. He is turning more to the rebel side by renting out that room above Mr. Charrington’s antique shop, where he bought this extravagant paper weight. It’s kinda suspicious how there isn’t a telescreen in that building. It must be hiding somewhere. And the significance of the song hasn’t popped in my head yet.. I must read on!! Its getting more and more interesting.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home